The 44th Annual Gloucestershire Vintage & Country Extravaganza
South Cerney Airfield, Cirencester 3-5 August 2018
3-5 August 2018 will see the Stroud Vintage Transport & Engine Club (SVTEC) stage their Annual Show at South Cerney Airfield in Cirencester, Gloucestershire. The show is widely regarded as one of the biggest and best Steam, Vintage and Countryside events in the UK and attracts thousands of exhibitors and visitors from across the country whilst actively raising thousands of pounds for both national and regional charities.
Show Highlights include:
- Vintage displays of nearly 700 classic cars from pre and post war, including over 70 Classic American, plus 230 Motorbikes, scooters, 70 bicycles from 1903 – 1980, 30 miniature steam engines, 90 stationary engines, 70 full size steam engines, model engineering, 200 Tractors, over 80 Buses and Coaches, 120 Military Vehicles, 240 Emergency and Commercial Vehicles, 60 Industrial Trucks, 50 vintage Caravans and a large model Aircraft flying display.
- Live Arena with non-stop demonstrations from steam to dancing tractors and much much more. Plus the opportunity to drive a steam engine and see the spectacular Showman’s Engines.
- Vintage Fun fair with the popular Fairground Organs, ‘electric yachts’, waltzers, big wheel, Punch and Judy Shows, steam-driven ‘gallopers’ and traditional penny arcade games, plus a ride on a model stream train, or ‘Chuffy the train’, and traditional games.
- The Cotswold Dog and Cat Home from Cambridge in Gloucestershire, will be hosting the now ‘famous Dog Show’ with categories such as Scruffiest Mutt, Quickest Sit and Waggiest Tail, plus the Countryside Arena will feature ferret racing, rare breeds, animal conservation, alpaca’s, shire horses, horse logging, sheep shearing, falconry displays to sheep dancing and reptiles!
- Massive Trade stand area with over 100 trade stalls, models tents, craft marques and specialist displays of memorabilia from a bygone era.
- The showground site is sprawling, with plenty of food and drink ‘pit stops’, a firm favourite is the vintage tea room with regular music and 1940s inspired Lindy Hop dancing (both days). Plus live music from songstress Betsy Harmony, performing a delightful selection of 1940s songs from Andrew Sisters to Vera Lynn, to a right old ‘knees up’ singalong plus regular sets by the ‘Steamed Up Brass ’
- Jump4Heroes parachute display team will descend into the arena on all three days of the event. Jump4Heroes is The Royal British Legion Extreme Human Flight Team, made up of serving and former members of the Army, to support and raise awareness of the Armed Forces charities.
- FREE vintage bus rides around the showground on all three days
Chairman of the Stroud Vintage Transport and Engine Club (S.V.T.E.C) Martyn Slater, said: ‘Our goal has always been to give the best value for money family day out in Gloucestershire, with something for all of the family to enjoy. The show has evolved allot over the past 40 years, but the mission remains the same – to inform, educate, entertain and celebrate our unique transport history and the preservation of historical vehicles”.
The Extravaganza is organised by the Stroud Vintage Transport and Engine Club. This non-profit making organisation raises money for national and local charities and up to 30 will be represented on site raising money and awareness of their respective causes. The rally is one of the largest events of its kind run entirely by volunteers from all the corners of Gloucestershire.
For further information or to purchase advance tickets please visit: www.glosvintageextravaganza.co.uk
- The show opens daily at 10.00am and finishes at 5.00pm
- A free vintage bus service will be operating around the perimeter of the show site, and to and from Kemble railway station throughout the show to connect with selected First Great Western Trains.
- The event is a disabled friendly site, with disabled parking, toilet facilities and mobility scooters on site to hire. To pre-book, please visit: https://www.eventmobility.org.uk/
- All profits from the 2018 Gloucestershire Vintage & Country Extravaganza will be donated to regional and national charities
You can Follow us on Facebook: GloucestershireVintageandCountryExtravaganza
Pic credits: Dennis Wood